About Poland...
Giżycko Region
Millennium of St.Bruno
Accommodation
Worth seeing
Walking, Hiking Routes
Canoeing Trails
Sailing
Fishing
Active Recreation
Tourism facilities
Sailing Cruise
Where to Eat
Cultural events 2017
Entertainment
Emergency
Partners
Gallery
About Us
Winter
Home
Search:

Your e-mail:

Password


Please enter your email address, while you are not registered.

Forgot your password?
Miniatura: 2007-05-08 13:42:53 kurs na Gi?ycko znak (121) Pe?ne zdj: 2007-05-10 16:45:06 zporr-inny (182)  Miniatura: 2008-02-11 13:32:12 logo informacji turystycznej (1179)

Bicycle Routes


 BLUE TRAIL – 79 km
Giżycko - Piękna Góra – Guty - Kamionki - Doba – Radzieje – Sztynort - Harsz -  (Pieczarki – Świdry) - Pozezdrze - Przerwanki -  Kruklanki - Grądy Kruklaneckie - Nowe Sołdany - Kożuchy Wlk. – Sulimy – Giżycko 
Miniatura: 2007-05-07 13:26:08 rowery 2 (116)  Miniatura: 2007-05-07 13:33:21 rowery4 (117)  Miniatura: 2007-05-07 13:45:25 rowery 3 (118)

0,0 km - Giżycko. Landmarks include one wing of the 14th century Teutonic castle, now privately owned. In 1756-1772, a canal, now called the Łuczański Canal, was built to connect the lakes Niegocin and Kisajno. In 1844, construction of the Boyen Fortress began. Today the fortress is open to the public. Near the fort lies the St. Bruno Hill, possibly the place of martyrdom of St. Bruno of Querfurt, marked by a cross erected in1910. Particularly noteworthy are the Protestant church on Grunwaldzki Square (1827), designed by K.F. Schinkel, the rotating bridge (1856-1860), tenement houses from the turn of the 19th century on Dąbrowskiego and Pionierska Streets and a one of the city's oldest houses, in Warszawska Street, now the seat of the Mazurian Society and Mazurian Archive.

12 km - Kamionki - Village founded in 1436. Typical Mazurian architecture. Buildings of a mansion compound can be found at the end of the village.

17 km - Doba. Village on the shore of Lake Doba. The nearby island of Gilma was a place of worship for the pagan Prussians. The village has a 16th cent. late gothic church, an old cementary with chapel of the Trautenberg family, a landscape park and farm buildings which used to belong to a palace compound

27 km - Radzieje. Octagonal classicistic church built in 1827, with original interior, including a gallery and wooden roofing. The parish owns two 17th century Dutch paintings.

34 km - Sztynort. Village founded in early 16th century, including a palace and park compound which used to be the home of the Lehndorff family. The palace was built around 1600 rebuilt (1689-1691) after being destroyed during the Swedish wars and refurbished in the mid 19th century. The compound includes also an outbuilding, the game warden's lodge, a granary and a barn. The park surrounding the palace, with its 300 hundred years old oaks, limes and beeches, is particularly impressive. The remains of a "teahouse" and a neogothic chapel can also be found in the park.

42 km - Pieczarki. Typical Mazurian rural architecture and an obelisk commemorating WWI victims.

52 km - Pozezdrze. The 19th century church is worth visiting. About 2 km north-west of the village, in the forest, lie the remains of the headquarters of Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS and the police.

57 km - Przerwanki Lock, built in 1910 in order to raise the lever of Lake Gołdapiwo. The sluice is 25 m long and 4 m wide. The difference between the upstream and lower levels is about 1 meter. The lock is still in working order, though seldom used.

61 km - Kruklanki. Village founded in 1545. Interesting late 16th century baroque church with an altar and pulpit from 1612. Original 18th century bells hang in the 25 m tall tower.

66 km - Nowe Sołdany. Former estate featuring a 19th century 1-floor mansion with coaxial pavilions on the front and back walls.

73 km - Kożuchy Wielkie - Giżycko.    

    Miniatura: 2007-05-09 14:02:18 rowery rajdowcy (144)   Miniatura: 2007-05-09 14:02:54 (145)   Miniatura: 2007-05-09 14:01:28 rowery niemcy (143)

RED TRAIL – 77 km

Giżycko - Wilkasy - Bogaczewo - Gorazdowo - Staropole - Monetki - Stara Rudówka - Ryn - Knis - Salpik – Nakomiady - Owczarnia  - Kwidzyna -  Gierłoż (Wolf’s Lair) - Kętrzyn - Św. Lipka

0,0 km - Giżycko. Landmarks include one wing of the 14th century Teutonic castle, now privately owned. In 1756-1772, a canal, now called the Łuczański Canal, was built to connect the lakes Niegocin and Kisajno. In 1844, construction of the Boyen Fortress began. Today the fortress is open to the public. Near the fort lies the St. Bruno Hill, possibly the place of martyrdom of St. Bruno of Querfurt, marked by a cross erected in 1910. Particularly noteworthy are the Protestant church on Grunwaldzki Square (1827), designed by K.F. Schinkel, the rotating bridge (1856-1860), tenement houses from the turn of the 19th century on Dąbrowskiego and Pionierska Streets and a one of the city's oldest houses, in Warszawska Street, now the seat of the Mazurian Society and Mazurian Archive.

5 km - Wilkasy. Large holiday village, founded in the 15th century. Before the village the way crosses the Niegocinski Canal connecting lakes Niegocin and Tajty.

9 km - Strzelce. Marina, summer cottages and campsite.

15 km - Gorazdowo. Small former estaten from the 19th centaury. The mansion is situated on a hill between the park and the yard.

20 km - Monetki. Small manor, Mouse butli in Elary 20th centaury, with a rectangular plan and a mansard roof. Apart from the house itself, the remains of the former estate include outbuildings and a park.

4 km - Stara Rudówka. Former cultural and religious centre of Arian settlers in Prussian. In 1659 the village was taken on lease by Zbigniew Morsztyn, an Arian and a prominent representative of Barque poetry.

30 km - Ryn. Teutonic castle built in 1393. The castle's present neogothic form dates back to 1853. Other historic buildings in the town include about 30 19th century houses (Świerczewskiego and Kościuszki Streets), a windmill built in 1873, a 19th century Protestant chapel and a granary from the turn of the 19th century.

42 km - Nakomiady. Monuments worth seeing include the parish church, built in early 14th century in gothic style as well as the baroque palace dating back to 1704. Just outside the village lies the graveyard of the von Roedeckers, the first landowners in Nakomiady, including the ruins of the family chapel.

47 km - Mazurian Museum in Owczarnia. Impressive collection of household equipment, well-preserved original "black kitchen", furniture, maps, hand weaving shop etc.

Gierłoż - Giżycko (see blue trail)

54 km - Gierłoż. Ruins of the "WolfSchanze", Hitler's headquarters. A restaurant and hotel are nearby.

61 km - Kętrzyn – 77 km - Św. Lipka     

        Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:40:54 rowery (467)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:41:15 rowery2 (468)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:41:34 rowery3 (469)

GREEN TRAIL – 41 + 20 km

Giżycko - Bogaczewo - Kanal Kula – Rydzewo – Przykop Miłki -  Lipińskie - Szczepanki - Wydminy ( Sołtmany – Żywki – Kruklin – Grądy Kruklaneckie).

0,0 km - Giżycko. Landmarks include one wing of the 14th century Teutonic castle, now privately owned. In 1756-1772, a canal, now called the Łuczański Canal, was built to connect the lakes Niegocin and Kisajno. In 1844, construction of the Boyen Fortress began. Today the fortress is open to the public. Near the fort lies the St. Bruno Hill, possibly the place of martyrdom of St. Bruno of Querfurt, marked by a cross erected in1910. Particularly noteworthy are the Protestant church on Grunwaldzki Square (1827), designed by K.F. Schinkel, the rotating bridge (1856-1860), tenement houses from the turn of the 19th century on Dąbrowskiego and Pionierska Streets and a one of the city's oldest houses, in Warszawska Street, now the seat of the Mazurian Society and Mazurian Archive.

5 km - Wilkasy. Large holiday village, founded in the 15th century. Before Wilkasy, the road runs over the Niegocin Canal which joins lakes Niegocin and Tajty.

9 km - Strzelce. Marina, summer cottages and campsite.

13 km - Kula Canal. 110 m long canal between lakes Boczne and Jagodne. Sailors often call this place the "Mazurian equator" and hold their "Mazurian baptism" ceremonies here.

17 km - Rydzewo. Village founded in 1552. In the village centre stands a church built in the end of the 16th century r. and representing a combination of gothic and baroque features. The altar and gallery date back to early 17th century. The old "Black Swan Inn" is another interesting monument of architecture.

23 km - "Old Smithy" in Przykop, (a bit off the trail). An inn established in the former estate of the Grossman family, featuring the house and outbuiding.

28 km - Miłki. Oldest church in Mazury, built in the 15th century in gothic style. The valuable altar and the organ gallery date back to 1669 and 1698, respectively. The church tower is also from the baroque period. To the left of the road to Rydzewo is an obelisk commemorating the victims of WWI. On the eastern bank of the canal joining the lakes Buwełno and Wojnowo is a cemetery of German and Russian soldiers killed in 1914. Up on the hilltops along the road are destroyed WWII bunkers of Lotzen Fortified Zone.

Staświny (near the trail 3 km from Miłki). Castle mound called Holy Hill or Silver Hill - a place of worship for the Further down the road to Miłki is a Mazurian cemetery and ruins of WWII bunkers of the Lotzen Fortified

33 km - Lipińskie. Village founded in 1487. On the right side of the road, on the fields between Lipińskie and Lipowy Dwór, one can see ruined WWII bunkers of the so-called Lotzen Fortified Zone. About 100 m past the last buildings of Lipińskie lies a forgotten Mazurian cemetery.

Staświńskie Meadows Reserve. Large stretch of wet meadows offering picturesque views, especially when the rich flora is in full bloom.

41 km - Wydminy. Holiday destination with small-town architecture from the turn of the 19th century. The town lies along a lake shore and faces an island that can be reached by two bridges. The town church, originally Protestant, was built in the 16th century and refurbished in 1857. Inside, one can find a baroque pulpit.

(+20 km)Sołtmany - Żywki with the remains of an old estate.

Kruklin. A view of Lake Kruklin on the left - this is where the Sapina river canoeing trail begins.

Grądy Kruklaneckie, field fortifications from WWI and WWII.

        Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:42:00 rowery4 (470)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:42:28 rowery4 (471)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:43:53 rowery5 (472)

 

        Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:44:18 rowery6 (473)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 15:44:40 rowery7 (474)   Miniatura: 2007-06-05 16:14:21 rowry 10 (475)

"FAMILY TRAILS":

1) Dejguny Trail - 26 km

Gizycko - Piekna Gora - Guty - Kamionki - Zatoka Kamionecka - Bogacko - Wrony - Piekna Gora - Gizycko

2) Niegocin Loop - 35 km

Gizycko - Bystry - Ruda - Rydzewo - Kanal Kula - Bogaczewo - Strzelce - Wilkasy - Gizycko

3) Kruklin Lake Trail - 36 km

Gizycko - Kozuchy Wlk. - Kruklin - Grady Kruklaneckie - Kruklanki - Pieczonki - Sulimy - Gizycko

 
  ©2007-2009 Centrum Promocji i Informacji Turystycznej, CMS by Jarosław Sienkiewicz, Łukasz Nowicki