Giżycko Region
Millennium of St.Bruno
Worth seeing
Walking, Hiking Routes
Canoeing Trails
Bicycle Routes
Active Recreation
Tourism facilities
Sailing Cruise
Where to Eat
About Us

Your e-mail:


Please enter your email address, while you are not registered.

Forgot your password?
Miniatura: 2007-05-08 13:42:53 kurs na Gi?ycko znak (121) Pe?ne zdj: 2007-05-10 16:45:06 zporr-inny (182)  Miniatura: 2008-02-11 13:32:12 logo informacji turystycznej (1179)

About Poland...

The Republic of Poland lies in the very centre of Europe, at the intersection of Poland's Emblem
important communication routes leading the west to the east, and - across the Baltic Sea - from the north to the south of our continent.

Poland covers and area of 312685 square kilometres. Its population amounts to 38 650 000 inhabitants. The country's official language is Polish.

The capital city of Poland is Warsaw (2 000 000 inhabitants).

Poland uses Central European Time (GMT +1) and Eastern Europe Time (UTC +2) from March until October.

The national currency is "zloty" (PLN) 1 zloty equals 100 "groszys". The following banks notes and coins are in circulation: (coins) 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 groszy, 1, 2, 5, zloty; (bank notes) 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 zlotys.                                                                                                         Poland currency

1€  = about 4.00 zlotys (PLN)                                                                         
1$ = about 3.00 zlotys (PLN)

Foreign currency exchange is possible in banks and foreign exchange office.

Credit cards ar widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, petrol stations, big shops and shopping malls. The most popular cards are: Maestro, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Visa Classic and American Express.

Banks are generally open from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m till 6 p.m. Wide netword of Polish banks facilities all money, credit cards and traveller's cheques operations.

Post offices working hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m till 8 p.m.

Groceries and shopping malls are generally open all week till late night but some of them might be closed on Sundays.

Medical treatment. Citizens of European Union and European Economic Zone as well as members of their families coming to Poland as tourist may get medical assistance in case of an emergancy on the basis of their insurance from their country of residence. In such cases it is necessary to present E-111 form, confirmed in their in their country before coming to Poland. The E-112 form, together with your insurer confirmation entitles you to medical help in non-emergency situations. Students are entitled to all forms of medical treatment on the basis of an E-128 form. Retirees and pensioners are entitled all necessary medical services during their stay in Poland after providing a confirmed E-121 form.

When crossing the border...
To cross the Polish border you must possess:
 - a valid passport or, in case of an EU member state citizen, other document which allows to assertconfirms your identity and a country of which you are a citizen; and citizenship;
 - a visa; in case of citizens of e.g. Belarus, Russia and Ukraine;
 - a registration card of vehicle (if your car is pulling a trailer - there should be a relevant entry in the registration card). If the vehicle you are driving belongs to a third person, you should have a valid power of attorney to take vehicle abroad;
 - a valid driving license from your country or an international one;
 - civil liability policy issued to the owner of the vehicle (it is not obligatory for the UE citizens to possess a "green card" while entering Poland by car).

  ©2007-2009 Centrum Promocji i Informacji Turystycznej